Thursday, June 29, 2006


So here I was yesterday, bragging about my new camera and it broke last night. So what lasts anyways, only in our salvation and the Creator God. Certainly not this blog, why I 've had three so far and I've take them all off line after a short time, plus my xangas. It's as if I start writing because I think I might have something good to say and then later, looking back it wasn't as great as I might have hoped. Oh well, on to better things. Had Jr. High Youth last night, played an awesome game called "Cold Feet" where the kids sit in a chair and stick one foot inside a bucket of ice water and try to get as many Swedish fish out from the bottom as possible in 45 seconds- I know you're now wishing you could have been there to play as well, and you are right it was great fun. Our lesson talked about families and conflicts with parents. We had good conversations about the way families are different and parents are humans and they aren't perfect yet God asks us to honor them anyways. The girls seemed attentive and interested. I can't wait for small groups to start so we can really did deeper. Although I have found my new youth role somewhat stretching I find myself wishing I could keep all the kids this age until they are old enough to be adults. I know that right now and very soon they are going to be face with so many life decisions, many them are not ready to make some of these decisions, but they all seem so open to love and faith in Christ, I pray that God will help me as I do my best to lead them towards him and that the Holy Spirit will consume them in this time of growth.

No comments: